Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The maiden voyage.

This is my very first piece, made almost 4 years ago when my son was just a few months old. In the right light, you can still see the slightly dingy mark left by the oils of my left hand where it came in contact with the hoop. And you can see that I didn't do any blocking as the cloth is pretty skewed and you can still see the fold mark on the aida from packaging. I'm leaving all that as it is, because I kind of like the novice touch.






Mine was inspired by a piece of yarn embroidery that my mom made for me when *I* was a wee few months.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just keep coming back and looking at your mom's work for you. It is just beautiful. I can't say enough how much I like it.

Jennifer said...

It *is* beautiful! It's very special to me. I was just telling my mom the other day that even when I hadn't seen it in over a decade, I still remembered it and exactly what it looked like!