Thursday, August 9, 2007

Long time no see!

I don't know what the reason is, but I have not been in a stitching mood at ALL lately! I haven't even been checking my favorite stitching blogs. I logged in to Google Reader today and found 72 posts waiting for me! So at least you guys have been busy. :)

I did pick the needle up a few times here and there but I haven't made much progress on anything. I've gotten a little done on my Dad's piece. And I cut and stitched the border for the gecko. I started sewing him on to the velcro for my son's backpack and I just couldn't make myself do it. I think I'll take him in to an alteration shop and they can just sew it on there for me. It won't be perfect, but it will be done!

10 comments:

Dawn T. said...

I hope you get your stitching mojo back soon:)

Kate said...

Cute little patch! I wouldn't blame you for getting someone else to velcro it. :) Hope you get in a stitchy mood soon.

Hazel said...

You have made great progress on that gecko. Mojo ups and downs - sounds like me. xx

Anonymous said...

Hope your stitchy-ness comes back soon! Maybe you need to start something new? :)

Sue said...

Seems like a lot of people are in a stitching slump, I seem to be reading that over & over in blogs. Maybe it's because summer is coming to an end. I agree with Lauren, maybe starting something new will help ;)

Cindy said...

I have a hard time stitching anytime other than the weekends. I agree, maybe you should start something new that is calling out to you!

I love the gecko...so cute :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

This happens from time to time, don't stress over it!

stitcherw said...

Nice progress on your dad's piece. As to the Gecko, taking him to the alterations people to stitch on rather than fighting with the velcro sounds like a great idea to me. With it being the tail end of summer and school getting ready to start I think a lot of people are slowing down on the stitching as they have time commitments elsewhere. Hopefully your stitching itch comes back soon.
Sue

Cheryl said...

Yeah slumps definitely happen, i hope you get your stitching mojo back soon. Start something new ;)
Love the wips

Marabian said...

Where did you get the gecko pattern? I'm looking for cross stitch gecko patterns. Thanks!