Monday, July 30, 2007

July/August Goals

Here's the progress I've made on my Hawaiian quilt ornament.
























I ran out of WDW Turkish Red, so it's on the back burner now until I either make a trip to Raleigh or place an order online. I'm a little worried about getting fiber from a different dye lot, but we'll see what happens.
I really wish you could see the sparklies in the fabric because that's my favorite part of this piece! :)

On to the goals...

July Goals
1. Complete, finish and mail little Nemo. Check!
2. Work on my sadly neglected BAP. Technically, I did work on it. Since I restarted it, I'm actually behind where I was before, but I'm still considering this goal met. :)
3. Start and complete one Hawaiian Quilt ornament. I would have finished this if I hadn't run out of thread. So, unmet but with good intentions.
4. Start, complete and finish a surprise project for a mysteriously unnamed recipient. Check! This was the needlebook I made for my friend Alicia.
5. Take a few more babysteps in the direction of an actual rotation. Check! I definitely have been rotating projects. Not with any set schedule, but rotating nonetheless.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with my first month's goals! Now to set more...

August Goals

1. Complete and finish the first Hawaiian quilt ornament.
2. Complete the stitching on my co-project with Alicia.
3. Catch up to where I was on my BAP.
4. Finish Gecko number 1 as a patch.
5. Stitch Gecko number 2.

13 comments:

Sue said...

Your Hawaiian Quilt ornament is very pretty, I love that Turkish Red. Nice goals and you did a good job ;)

Dawn T. said...

Your ornie looks wonderful! I love the color your using:)

Great job with your goals! I'm sure you will do as well with next months.

Kate said...

Looking great. Hope the wait for new floss isn't too long - it can be unbearable when you want to stitch! Nice work with the goals. You got a lot done. :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Congrats on completing your goals and setting up new ones for August!

The ornie is looking great!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congrats on your goals! I love the ornie - the colors are so vibrant! If you're not going to make it into Raleigh any time soon, I should be stopping by Lazy Daisy this Saturday, so I could pick it up and mail it to you, if you want!

Cheryl said...

Your Hawaiian Quilt ornie is so pretty, i love this colour

Hazel said...

What a great colour of red. I will have to remember that shade when I start doing some redwork. Well done on your goals. xx

Kate said...

A little late, I know, but I stumbled across Six Strand Sweets' Hand dyed page, full of dos and don'ts on working with overdyed/variegated floss, if you're still looking for ideas.

stitcherw said...

Your ornament is looking lovely. To bad on running out of the floss, that is so frustrating when you want to keep going and you can't. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that there isn't a problem with the dye lots when you get the additional you need.

Nice work on your July goals, good luck with your Aug. ones.
Sue

wot said...

Congrats on doing so well with your goals, I am usually happy to get half of them done! :)

Alicia said...

10 days into August -- any updates?

Alicia said...

I'm thinking August will not get a lot crossed off your list. ;P

But that's ok, I can't even decide which project I'm working on.

patternnuts said...

Wow that's so gorgeous! Hope you can get the rest of the thread you need - it's stunning!