Monday, July 16, 2007

More Stash!


I received my order from Sparklies today! One week from order to receipt - coming from England!! Awesome. Silkweaver, take note. lol


I ordered two small pieces of dyed fabric and I love love LOVE the colors. I can't wait to stitch up this little gecko. It looks like I'll have to do it one over one for my son's patch, but it's only 28 count and all in one color so that shouldn't be difficult.



I've been working on a small token for a friend, and I sent it off today. I'll share pictures as soon as she gets it. Unfortunately, my finishing job was crap. But, the stitching is cute! :)

I had actually started on a different piece for her, but when I got about an eigth of the way through, I noticed that the designer had used the same symbol for two radically different colors. It was only about 55 x 45 stitches, and it had 18 colors. Very much a confetti stitching piece, and I couldn't manage to wrap my brain around figuring out which should go where. So, I ripped the stitches out and started a new piece. I actually like the second design better, so the dilemma turned out to be a blessing. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love those colors! I hope your friend likes the gift!

Sue said...

Love your fabrics, they're great ;)

stitcherw said...

Fun stash, I was thrilled with her service as well. I've ordered from her twice now and both times got my stuff really quick. Have fun stitching the Gecko, I really enjoyed doing mine.
Sue

Kate said...

That fabric is beautiful! I'm a sucker for hand dyed evenweave. :) Have fun stitching the gecko, he lookes a blast to stitch. I hate it when designers get over enthuastic with colour changes. It turns a fun little stitch into a real pain.

Dawn T. said...

Oh, those fabrics are beautiful! Can't wait to see pictures of finished gift:)

Lelia said...

Nice stash!! And, about your finishing. It just takes patience and practice. Eventually you'll get the hang of it. I post-pone finishing for as long as possible as I cannot seem to bend my mind in that direction.

I'd much rather stitch than finish. And, sometimes, I think it takes LONGER to finish the thing than to stitch the thing...LOL