Monday, July 9, 2007

Grr... and Yay!

First with the Grrr.... I ordered some q-snaps and overdyed threads from Stitcher's Closet June 28th, and they just shipped my order today. When you're SO excited to get your stuff, eleven days seems like a reeally long order processing time.

Or, it seems long until you consider the fact that I ordered some fabric from Silkweaver also on June 28th, and they still haven't even charged my card. So, I'm pretty sure they haven't shipped yet. They did have a notice on their site that they would be on vacation July 4 - 12, and wouldn't ship in that time period, but I didn't realize they wouldn't ship orders placed 6 days before that period either! :(

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

Ok, enough of that. On to the Yay! I spotted this lovely kit on Stitching and Life in The Company of Pets and had to have it. I think I'm going to stitch it once to hang here at the house, and again for another patch for Little Man's backpack. So, I ordered it last night and Sparklies emailed me today to tell me they shipped it. Already! Yay! Here's a picture of it...



Even more tangibly exciting, I got a small stash delivery today! Elegant Stitch (which I learned of through Dawn) is just awesome. I called in an order on Thursday afternoon and it was here today! Monday! So, woot for Elegant Stitch and Dawn! I got my very first set of Piecemaker needles and my first q-snaps! I got a small 6" x 6" frame which will be great for ornaments. Here's a not terribly exciting picture of my teeny stash delivery.



I've made a little more progress on Nemo, but I'm waiting until I finish it to post him again. Here's hoping my stitching moves faster than certain stores... :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your Q-snaps. I guarantee you they won't be the last ones you order. I have many of them and most of them can be mixed and matched. I am stitching Flower Fairy on 8" x 11" ones from two different sets. My large Victorian Wedding Remembrance is on a 17" x 17" set (made with extenders). They even make larger ones to be used on quilts.

Sue said...

Love the Gecko pattern. I too am waiting for an order that was placed almost a month ago from an on-line shop I've never ordered from before. I will probably not order from them again ;)

Kate said...

Eleven days is too long to organise an order with no info from the store. I start emailing if three days goes by with nothing happening! You'll love your Qsnaps. Even the little ones are handy to have around. I using my little 6inch ones on my Dragon Dreams freebie stitch at the moment.

Dawn T. said...

I love the Gecko, too! My son wants me to stitch it for him.

Hope you finish Nemo soon:)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I loooove my Qsnaps! I hope you like them, too!

I think I remember someone saying that Silkweavers dyes-to-order a lot of their fabric, so that might be the reason it's taking so long. But, yeah, they still should've emailed you!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Congrats on getting your first piecemakers you're going to become a needle snob now! I won't use anything else!

stitcherw said...

Have fun stitching the Gecko. I really enjoyed doing mine and it works up so quickly.
Sue