Sunday, July 29, 2007

A Finish and a (Re-)Start

I missed a question from Kathryn in an earlier post. Yes, I'm switching to an evenweave for my BAP restart. The gridded Aida came with the chart, but I've never really been partial to it.

Also, thanks to teageeare for schooling me on my flower. :) I feel much better knowing that I haven't taken my plant killing abilities to new levels. And it has bloomed a few more times already!

I finished the stitching on gecko #1! I'm going to make him into a patch for my son's backpack and then I'll get started on gecko #2 to hang here. I'm glad they sent me enough fabric to stitch him twice!




I also got a small start (or should I say restart) on my BAP. It took me a while to get it all kitted up - which I hadn't done the first time around - so I haven't put much stitching in yet. I'm doing it on a tea-colored monaco since it's a solid pattern that I intend to mat and frame so the fabric won't be visible anyway. No sense wasting a pretty hand-dye!

6 comments:

stitcherw said...

Your Gecko turned out great, I'll bet your son will love having him on his backpack. Nice start on your BAP as well. While hard to start over, enjoying working on it and how it is looking is so important. I looked, but missed where you said what the pattern was, what is your BAP?
I like Monaco too, it does have a nice feel and is easy to stitch on.
Sue

Sue said...

Your gecko came out great. I'm in total agreement that if you're going to do solid stitching don't waste hand-dyed fabric ;)

Dawn T. said...

Your Gecko looks wonderful! I can't wait to see the backpack:)

Kate said...

The tribal gecko turned out fantastic! Your son will love him. Good luck with stitching the velcro this time 'round.

And congrats on restarting the BAP! That's a big step, I can't wait to see how you progress.

Anonymous said...

The gecko's wonderful! I hope you'll show us a picture of it on your son's backpack! And good luck with the restart!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Congrats on your finish! Great re-start!