Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Another Finish, More Stash...

...la dee da. :P


First off, thanks for the nice comments on the last post! I'm feeling a little less obnoxious. I'm just really glad I didn't express my irritation to Silkweaver!!

I made an ornament out of the Mary Engelbreit kit my friend Alicia sent me. This is my very first ornament, and I'm afraid it shows. lol I think it's cute, though and I'm hanging it off a lamp switch at the moment. I thought about putting it on the wall, but I'm kind of digging the fact that it moves a little when suspended. Now that I'm posting this picture, I'm also really noticing how badly I need to paint these walls something other than white!

I also picked up yet a little more stash today. I've been on a serious stash buying jag lately!! Pretty fun... :P I was at the craft store picking up some polyfil and they had a basket full of stitching kits on the cheap! Most of it wasn't to my taste, but I thought this was kind of cute. Not totally me, but for $5 I'll figure out something to do with it! And the floss was already carded! Yay!

9 comments:

Alicia said...

That looks so cute! I really like it!

Sue said...

Cute finish ;)

Dawn T. said...

It's adorable! You did a wonderful job:)

Jenn said...

Your pice looks so cute. I think you did a great job!

Hazel said...

Your ornament looks great. I would never guess its your first one!! xx

Anonymous said...

That's cute! I like the rounded corners!

Lelia said...

How cute : )

Yup, after you paint your walls, please come over here and paint ours LOL

I have such a long list of stuff needing to be done around here --

honestly

Dani - tkdchick said...

Looks good!

Kate said...

Cute little ornament. :) And that's some nice stash there, you're on quite a roll!