Tuesday, July 3, 2007

SBQ July 3, 2007

Do you consider yourself a floss "miser"?

Not exactly. I consider myself a thread-I'm-stitching-with-right-now miser. If I'm on the last few stitches of a color in the section, I will go until my floss is so short that I have to put the needle in, then thread the needle, pull through and do the same again. Really, it would probably be less trouble to anchor and start a new thread. But, what can I say? I'm stubborn. :)

So far, I've only stitched with DMC and Kreiniks, so I've never been all that concerned about wasting thread. I do seem to underestimate what I need when kitting up - so maybe that's a little miserly. But, I don't save floss or worry much about wasting it. I do have some WDW overdyes enroute to me, and maybe I'll be a little more miserly with those...

2 comments:

Lelia said...

Good answer. I don't 'save' left over floss. I pitch the stuff all the time. Guess that is why I never have enough floss : )

I think I'm more careful to 'save' strands of silk b/c you never know when it might come in handy :

btw, the chart in the previous post looks very interesting. Lovely bright & cheerful colors/designs. Those were from quilt motifs? Awesome.

Kate said...

Ah, I do *exactly* the same thing, stiching right to the very last milimeter of thread. Although I'm trying to teach myself out of that bad habit, because it's so frustrating.