Sunday, July 1, 2007

My First Finish!



So far, I've framed some pieces, made some coasters, done some plastic canvas and made a LOT of pre-finished bibs. But, until today, I've never done an actual "finish". Here's my very first! I used a great No Sew Wallhanging tutorial from Focus on Finishing and substituted craft dowels in place of cording. I'm tickled pink with how this came out!




I haven't made a whole lot of progress on little Nemo, considering how long it has been since my last update. I let a couple of messy stitches slip by and seeing them was so disheartening that I couldn't make myself work on the piece for a while. Plus, we've had a busy weekend hosting two different barbecues. But, I plan to pick it back up tonight. I've got the fabric to finish it already, so I'm pumped to get it done and shipped out!

I have a bunch of stash headed my way and I can't wait to get it! I'll post pics as soon as it gets here. Also, I'm planning on setting some goals for this month, which I'll try to post in the next little bit.

9 comments:

Alicia said...

Looks great! What an awesome little welcome sign for the door! And Nemo is coming along nicely, I'm excited to see that one done.

stitcherw said...

Your finish looks great, and what perfect timing for the 4th of July. Nemo is looking great too, this is so fun and colorful. Can't wait to hear about the stash you're getting.
Sue

Kate said...

Congrats on the finish! I love Focus on Finishing, it always inspires me.

Nemo is looking great, I can't wait to see the next progress pic.

Jenn said...

Your finish looks great. Perfect timing for it too.

Lelia said...

YAY! Your wallhanging turned out great! Luv it : )

Dawn T. said...

The wall hanging looks wonderful! Great job:)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Great job on the wall hanging finishing! It looks fantastic!

Nemo is coming out nicely!

Renee said...

Your wall hanging turned out great! Congrats! :)

lena-lou said...

What a beautiful job you have made of your wall-hanging, I love the dowels you have used for this and I'm so pleased my tutorial gave you the inspiration to try it out :) :) Well done!!
Have a lovely weekend
Helen (lena-lou)