Wednesday, May 9, 2007

The Reveal!

Well, the Double Secret Super Classified Oh So Mysterious Project recipient opened her present 4 days early (the cheater!), so I get to share it a little ahead of schedule!

My dear mom is a bit of a coaster fanatic. (Sorry, mom, it's true. :P) So, I stitched a coaster/trivet set for her for Mother's Day. This character is a family name, and I was so thrilled with this design that included it! The coasters are stitched one over one on 32 ct fabric (my eyes are only just now recovering :P) and the trivet is stitched on 18 ct aida.



Here's a close up of the stitching.

7 comments:

Alicia said...

That is really really pretty!

Wendy said...

The trivet and coasters look really great. I understand the special feeling that comes with the meaning of the Oriental character. I'm glad I could help you find the perfect pattern.

Dawn T. said...

They are beautiful! You did a wonderful job:)

Anonymous said...

Great job, Jennifer!

ollie1976 said...

Love this set-where did you get them?

Jennifer said...

Thanks, all!

ollie1976 - Wendy found the pattern for me here and I got the empty trivet and coasters from Michael's.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Those are lovely!