Wednesday, May 30, 2007

SBQ May 30, 2007

I haven't answered the last few SBQ's because they didn't really pertain to me. Here's this week's question from Kathryn.

How many needles do you use during a project? Have you ever loaded up a needle for every color? Do you use a new needle for every project or recycle your
favorite needle?

I usually have two needles out during a project. If I have enough area with one color to warrant it, I'll load up two needles at a time with that color and stitch one, then the other. If I'm working a piece with small areas of any given color, I still like to have that second needle out to help every now and then when the thread on the needle I'm using isn't long enough to stretch over the hoop to the other side.

I've never loaded up a needle for every color, but I have tried to stitch in rows once so I had about 6 or 7 needles going at any given time - all tethered to the piece of course. Oy. That was a headache, for me.

I have a whole bunch of the same exact needle in a little case and I just pull any given two out when I sit down.

No comments: