Tuesday, May 8, 2007

A Patch-y Spot

As I've mentioned, the next mini-project is Little Man's first patch for his backpack. He chose this pretty little Beta from my handy dandy Cross-stitcher's Complete Companion.



I've gotten a small start on it so far. It should move very quickly. But, I'm tutoring a lot this week, so I don't have a lot of time to stitch. My goal is to finish it by Saturday.



I've also been keeping my stitches a little looser. I've noticed from looking at other people's work, that I may have been pulling my stitches too tight. I'm really liking how this is coming along so far!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

When I was first starting out in needlepoint, I was told to LAY the stitches on the canvas, don't sew. I try to do that with cross stitch, too, but sometimes, especially at the end of a row, that last stitch gets pulled.

Dawn T. said...

Great choice of the beta!

Jennifer said...

That's a great tip, Kathryn! Thanks!

Thanks, Dawn!! Little Man picked it out all by himself. Of course, once I started stitching, he claimed he actually wanted the catfish. That's a four year old for you... :)