Sunday, April 15, 2007

The Cross-Stitcher's Complete Companion


I've done my share of patterns that just don't work out. In my experiences, the designer usually either picked funky colors that aren't true to the picture, got overly complicated or overly simple.

Every design I've done out of The Cross-Stitcher's Complete Companion has come out beautifully! Of what I've posted, Twinkle Toes and Jungle Love were from this book. I've found the designs and colors very nice and the fractional stitches kept to an absolute minimum without sacrificing detail. And that keeps you zipping through the designs!

The number of motifs are staggering and there are a lot of tips on finishes and technique that are very helpful for a relative novice like myself.

1 comment:

Dani - tkdchick said...

I always love it when other stitchers recommend resources!