Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The Elephant In The Room

Oh how I wish I could share my Double Secret Super Classified Oh So Mysterious Project pictures, because I'm making a lot of progress on that! But, alas, the wall must be maintained.

So, I'm dragging out this old project which I have been dutifully ignoring for almost 3 years. :) I am very much a project-oriented person. I like to start things and finish them, and I hate a big pile of loose ends. Trying to plow through this enormous project was a big part of why I burnt out on cross stitching and set it aside for years.

This pattern is for my Dad. He actually has this print up on his wall, so I thought I'd cross stitch it for him.

As you can see, it's huge. And it has a lot of very similar colors (the better to go blind with, my dear!) as well as metallic threads (SO hard to work with!). To make matters worse, I stitched this much of it before I realized that the background portion was supposed to be stitched over two squares.


So, I had to scrap it all and start again. I got this far before I neatly folded it back up in it's envelope, put it aside and set about the business of pretending it didn't exist.


Now that I'm embracing the idea of rotation, it's time to start entertaining the idea of thinking about the possibility of maybe someday thinking about picking this one back up. lol

3 comments:

Dawn T. said...

It looks great!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Sometimes on a project you really aren't fond of its a good idea to commit to even just one thread lenght a day that way slowly it moves along until you actually feel like working on it.

Thank you for leaving a positive comment on my blog they're all helping tremendously!

Jennifer said...

Thanks, Dawn!

That's a wonderful tip! Thanks so much, tkdchick. I think I will do just that. And maybe I'll actually finish it before his birthday rolls around in July!

You're very welcome! I'm glad you've found some comfort!