Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Another One Bites The Dust!

I got a burst of motivation and polished this bib off last night. Yay! The design originally had 2 flowers, but I decided to stop with one and make Baby's name bigger. Aesthetically, I just like it this way a little better. Besides, it was going to be a while before I finished a second flower at this pace.



Next up is a cute little kit that my friend Alicia sent me. I've carded the floss and will probably get started tonight. Is it just me or is this an awful lot of thread - and a lot of colors! - for a 5" piece?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, it is a lot of colors, but none of them are extremely close. Every time I stitch Flower Fairy, I have to check and double check that I am really, truly using the right shade.

http://threadsofdesire.blogspot.com/2007/04/what-color-is-it.html

Alicia said...

There's a lot of shading in the flowers, hat and bow. Is it a lot for a piece? Did I do something difficult on my first try? I'm anxious to see how yours turns out. I'd suggest using three threads for the red on the letters instead of two, though.

Jennifer said...

Kathryn - Even your in progress pictures make it clear how many similar colors there are!

Al - It is kinda complicated for a first piece, IMO. When you're starting out, it's nice to work on pieces with a few different colors where you can get on a roll stitching one color over bigger areas.

And there are quite a few fractional stitches in the piece, too. I kinda screwed up (not paying attention to the directions) because their quarter stitches are marked like half stitches in most of the charts I've done. But, no sweat - I caught it pretty quickly and it shouldn't be noticeable once the backstitching goes in.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Congratulations on your Bib... that's the most sophistacate one I've seen. Most stitchers do cutsie designs on theirs. It looks lovely!

Those colours are fantastic for your next project!