Thursday, July 12, 2007

SBQ July 11, 2007 and Stash!

Today's SBQ was suggested by The Wagon and is:

What do you love to do that many people hate? What do you hate to do, but do
anyway?
I used to hate backstitching - and I don't think I was alone in that - but now I kind of love it. I love watching the piece come to life, and it is such a tidy little stitch to do. I also like fractional stitches, now that I've learned not to do two adjacent 3/4 stitches. :P

I can't really think of anything I hate to do (and do anyway) right at the moment...

Yesterday, I received my Stitcher's Closet order! A few, bigger q-snaps and my first overdyed threads! The overdyes are just gorgeous! The colors are so pretty and vibrant and I love the variation.


I got a very small start on a gift I'm working on - really just so I could try out my 6" q-snaps. I love them, I love them, I LOVE them!!! Wow. It is really amazing how much easier it is to get the fabric taut, and that actually seems to help prevent the twisty stitches, too. Plus, they're so much nicer to hold on to than hoops, which tend to hurt my wrist after a while. Oh, how I love the q-snaps. :)

I'm SO almost done with little Nemo. I would have finished the stitching last night if the hubs would have tolerated just one more late night of stitching. Oh well. :P Hopefully, I'll finish up today so I can post a pic!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Q-snaps! See, I told you you would love them. And a lot cheaper (and more practical) than an iPhone. I had read so much bunk about the iPhone (it doesn't do this, it doesn't have that) that I just had to write a rebuttal. But as much as I love it, I really don't recommend anyone buy one now. Even my husband is waiting for Version 2. You know computers, if you wait it will be better, faster, cheaper.

Anonymous said...

Yay for more Qsnaps! I don't know how I lived without them!

I hope you finish Nemo up tonight!

Dawn T. said...

Your stash looks wonderful! Can't wait to see Nemo:)

Kate said...

Yay, Qsnaps! You'll wonder how you stitched without them... That's a nice little stash haul there, and looking forward to seeing the clown fish done.

stitcherw said...

Enjoy your new stash, you got some great stuff. The fibers are so pretty, and the Q's will be useful too. I love using my Q's, and I agree they are much easier to hold than hoops.
Sue

Dani - tkdchick said...

Lovely new threads!

Lelia said...

Nemo is so charming!!!

Nice order from Stitchers Closet : ) Beautiful fibers & aren't those Qsnaps handy? I have a collection of them