Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Finding Nemo

I wanted to get started on some Hawaiian quilt square Christmas ornaments for my mom, but I haven't actually ordered the stash yet. :P So, I decided now would be a good time to start on a project for a friend's baby who should be born any day now. I'm kind of over the bib thing right now, so I'm going to try my hand at this great no sew wallhanging from Focus On Finishing.

I'm working on a small clownfish piece from Artecy on a fun tea colored monaco. It's kind of odd in that it doesn't have any backstitching or fractional stitches at all. I'll have to see how it turns out, and maybe work some backstitching in on my own.



I've gotten a very small amount done so far. I never like having to leave off at such an odd spot, but Baby A wakes up when she wakes up. :)

I also ordered this cute Lizzie Kate Flip It from Stitches 'N Things and hope it gets here soon enough that I have time to finish it and hang it on the door by the 4th.

Once I order the Hawaiian Quilt squares, I'll need to pick up some fabrics and would love to hear recommendations. Since the quilt patterns are in single colors, I'm thinking of going with some hand dyed, marbled linens and a Silkweaver opalescent fabric (spotted here). Any suggestions?

4 comments:

Dawn T. said...

Great start on Nemo:)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Thanks for sharing the no-sew finsihg tutorial link... I've now got it bookmarked!

Kate said...

Cute clownfish! I agree it might benefit from some backstitching.
Are you going to use all different colours for the quilt square fabby, or the same? If you're using all different I'd suggest getting a colour pack like (http://countrystitch.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=KP or http://www.stitchesandspice.com.au/en-us/dept_31.html). Fantastic co-ordinated colours without spending hours deciding (if you're anything like me when it comes to hand dyed) :P

Hazel said...

Good start on your clownfish. Love the colours. xx