Saturday, June 2, 2007

Little Stitchey, Lotta Talkey...

We've been sticking pretty close to home since we moved to NC, because our daughter (the baby) is what we call a car screamer. Put her in the car, she screams. Sometimes happily, sometimes angrily, sometimes just out of boredom. Cranking Jason Mraz way up quiets her down every time, without fail (only Jason Mraz, though - NO other musician cuts it) but it's probably not a good thing to blast out the kids' eardrums at such a young age.

Lately, she's become quite the conversationalist and she's now happy babbling to her brother, which has limited the car screaming. So, we decided to venture a few towns over to a farmer's market, today. Our town has a daily, year round sort of farmer's market but nothing is quite like the atmosphere of the weekend markets.

As we were getting closer to Lumberton, we were getting pretty excited. There were permanent signs out on the highway directing people to the farmer's market! It had to be BIG, right!?!? Wrong. lol There were two farmers. One "antiques" dealer. One craft booth. Seriously.

Oh well, we had a nice drive and we did pick up some beautiful fruit and a few kinda sad looking vegetables, that I'm pretty sure will be much tastier than they are pretty. And, now I'm finally getting to my point. I struck up a conversation with the crafter who had a bunch of framed cross stitching for sale. I asked her if there were any needlework shops around and she told me no in Lumberton but yes in Fayetteville! Well, yay!!! Then, bless her heart, she lit up and told me there was a Michael's! A Jo-Ann! And even a Hobby Lobby!! Sigh. I guess I really don't have an LNS.

What I do have, though, is a fun little design that is getting very close to the happy dance phase. I've started the backstitching and - after about a week of lackluster stitching motivation - I seem to have caught the bug again. I can't wait to finish up this post and pick up that needle!


2 comments:

Dawn T. said...

The backstitching is starting to make it really stand out:)

Have a good weekend!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Oooh Jennifer you're almost there!