Friday, June 8, 2007

Just Hanging Around!

I have two projects I want to start working on. First, I'd like to stitch the M for Baby A's quilt. Also, (inspired by Kathryn) I'd like to stitch some Hawaiian quilt blocks for ornaments for my mom for Christmas. I'm really excited to branch out from Charles Craft, et al...and pick up some pretty, hand dyed linens for that project.

In the meantime, I'm stitching a request for my cousin. Baby Sabine (of the magnolia bib) has a big brother who loves monkeys. So, I'm stitching a wall hanging for him. This is my first time working with plastic canvas. Of course, there are no fractional stitches. But, the biggest difference for me so far, is having to be hyper-aware of how threads are sitting on the back of the piece - the canvas is clear, so of course I don't want anyone to be able to see threads zigzaggin between stitched areas, from the front.

I got a small start on it, and then realized I didn't actually pick up all the threads for the piece. Or, more likely, I did but misfiled #976 and can't find it, now. :P


1 comment:

Dawn T. said...

Great start! I have always wantedt to try plastic canvas but have never gotten around to it.